Here is the current working version of the antique radio. I hooked together the Netduino, Sparkfun MP3 Player and all of the buttons, switches and lights and placed them in the case.
It is now up and running in the living room and seems to be operating with no issues. At some point in the future I need to put in a real speaker, with an amp, and replace the potentiometer to make a working volume knob. But, as with most projects, once it works it sits until I get around to it!
- Netduino — http://netduino.com/hardware/
- VS1053b MP3 Player Shield — https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10628
- VS1053 Code — http://forums.netduino.com/index.php?/topic/1558-networked-music-player-using-the-mini/page-2#entry35811
- LED Sample Pack — https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12062
- Resistor Pack — https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10969
- Embedded Electronics Kit — https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8373
- Acquired and Created Code — MP3Radio.zip
I believe that is everything. My code contains some stuff for a volume control, commented out, and I am sure there better ways to do some of it. Any suggestions are of course welcome! There are ton of resources online and overall it was a fun project and I am looking forward to finding another one soon.